I would not have thought that I would say that, but: We have just too many good MMORPGs

MYMO editor Alexander Leitsch loves MMORPGS and usually tries every new game on the market. In 2021, however, he has the problem for the first time that he can hardly decide between the many titles. This is due to the good further development of old games, but also to new releases.

What is my problem? In recent years, there was little movement on the MMORPG market. That gave me the time, especially 2019 and 2020, to seek old games:

In my favorite game Guild Wars 2, I pushed the playing time to over 8,000 hours. Through Wow Classic, I found my love for long level phases. To release Greymoor, I really buried deep deep into Eso. By the way, I made new experiences in Black Desert, Retail WoW and Archeage.

But in the last few weeks, it happens again and again that my season is not enough to meet all the MMORPGs I m just right.

I know that this is an absolute luxury problem. But after the long MMORPG lull since 2016 I never thought that I would ever have this problem.

NEW WORLD eats a lot of time, Bless Unleashed is a positive surprise

What deals most at present? My last 100 hours in MMORPGs spent almost entirely in New World. I have used the time to create guides to explore the world, levels and, of course, for the cases of trees and dismantling of ores.

For as my colleague Mark Sellner, I also find the noise and collecting in New World just great:

My highlights at New World are - in addition to the great sound - especially the combat system and the wars for fortresses. Currently, New World has firmly in his spell and is really fun.

Incidentally, I was in Guild Wars 2 most recently the Halloween event and attempts to do the daily quests there, I started in Black Desert s latest Season and completed the prologue for the new DLC Deadland.

But my to-do list is much longer.

What do I want to do? Actually, I had already made myself in mid-June to start WoW Classic again and enjoy the new extension burning crusade right. I did not notice the original release in 2007 and even had a guild who wanted to ride with me this year.

But personal reasons as well as the release of Swords of Legends Online, PSO2 New Genesis and Crow had made me a small dash by this. Even if all 3 games had no great success so far, I wanted to play each at least to see how much potential is there.

In addition, I would like to invest more time in Bless Unleashed. The MMORPG is my positive surprise of 2021, since I found it completely uninteresting in advance, but have completely convinced the combat system and the huge world bosses. Since the release of New World, Bless Unleashed is completely broke with me.

Also in my backlog are the innovations at Neverwinter and Blade & Soul. Both have made 2021 great revisions, which I want to look at myself, but why I have not come to date and will not come first.

Because with Elyon the next MMORPG starts on Sunday that I will definitely try to give an assessment here.

In addition, at the end of 2020, I started a LET s Play to Final Fantasy XIV to finally fall into this MMORPG. But this project is currently completely on ice.

Many extensions, revisions and new games enrich the MMORPGS

What is it that there is so much to do? 2021 was from the point of view of MMORPG fans a really good year and even now holds some highlights

Equal 6 new MMORPGs have already been published 2021, including New World and Bless Unleashed WoW Classic got the new extension burning crusade Neverwinter has rebuilt the complete Level phase DC Universe Online is better for free2play players Blade & Soul has released the big engine update ESO has released the new extension Blackwood and several DLCs With Elyon another new MMORPG appears in October Final Fantasy XIV brings the new extension Endwalker in November Corepunk, reminiscent of a mix of Lol and Wow, starts the beta in December There were also some alpha and beta tests, such as Ashes of Creation or Mortal Online 2, in which I constantly died.

So if you love MMORPGS, this year was fully at your expense.

The losers of 2021: Through the many different innovations that brought 2021 the MMORPG fans, in my opinion 2 games have come under the wheels, which had much more potential:

Swords of Legends online was not a groundbreaking game, but would definitely become a MMORPG in the years 2019 and 2020, in which I had incorporated myself deeply. Especially the dungeons and raids make a good impression. Crow accidentally wanted to build a hardcore PVP community. But the release version was rather weak and caused little attention. There are also PVP fans with Albion Online, Mortal Online 2, New World and even Elyon better alternatives, at least in my opinion.

As a third loser of 2021 you could also call retail wow. Here are many dissatisfied players 2021 to Final Fantasy XIV migrated. The content drought and some design decisions did not get well.

How does it continue in 2022? If I look at 2022 now, my problems with the time distribution will not soon be smaller:

In February, the new Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons appears and that is absolute duty for me. Here I will sink dozens of hours. Also for early 2022, the release of Lost Ark is planned, a MMORPG from Korea, which is already longful to the West is already awaited. Also project TL, an expensive MMORPG from Korea, as well as corepunk could celebrate its release 2022. It will also guarantee an extension for ESO again.

How did you experience the year 2021? Did you also have the problem that you can not decide between the games? Or was you rather disappointed with all the innovations? Write it in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craftone, 'Battle Ground: New State' Worldview Cinematic Video Disclosure

Martha Is Dead is tragic, beautiful and horrible

T1 files a lawsuit against harmful LOL followers, the LCK